Website Goodwill NYNJ
Elmwood Park, Bergen, NJ, US
Salary Range:$12.0000 To $12.0000 Hourly
Position Title: Store Associate
Reports To (Title): Store Manager
Position Type: FLSA – Non-Exempt
Supervising Staff: NO
General Purpose: In a few brief sentences summarize the primary duties and responsibilities.
The Store Associate is responsible for all functions of Production, ensuring the efficient and effective flow of merchandise from the stockroom to the sales floor. The Store Associate is to be a “Goodwill Ambassador” and is expected to role model Goodwill’s mission in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive customer-centric experience.
Essential Functions: Describe the duties that define the core responsibilities of the job.
- Have a friendly customer service attitude.
- Consistently achieve brand productivity standard for donation processing, replenishment and clearance pulls.
- Maintain stockroom standard operating procedures (SOP) to support efficient and effective handling and placement of merchandise, visual props, marketing and fixtures in order to maximize sales and productivity.
- Execute efficient and effective donation processing by executing sorting, tagging and pricing to standard; trackand communicate units/racks per hour productivity to store leadership.
- Support, understand and adhere to Goodwill NYNJ visual and operational standards in order to maximize merchandise presentations when flowing product from the stockroom to the sales floor.
- Partner with store leadership to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed to include: Fill the floor, recovery of the floor, merchandise rotation, and merchandise adjustments.
- Engage in, maintain and support safety standard on sales floor and in the stockroom; communicate safety concerns to store leadership.
- Engage all customers and donors, providing best in class customer experience.
- Share Goodwill NYNJ mission with our donors while attending the donations area, providing an exceptional customer experience and showing appreciation for their donation by handling with care.
- While acting as the Donation Attendant, provide a donor receipt, presort all donations to Goodwill NYNJ standard, ensuring product is properly prepped for processing by the Stock team.
· Adhere to all Goodwill and personnel policies and procedures; follow good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the Store Manager, HR, and/or Job Coach if applicable.
Daily Activities: Describe the daily activities included in essential job functions.
a. Greet customers and donors within 30 seconds of entering with a friendly and positive attitude and offer to assist with donation if needed.
b. Offer a receipt for donations and educate every customer about applicable literature.
c. Keep the inside/outside of the donation area, neat clean, and organized.
d. Thank every customer for their donation and invite them to return.
e. Facilitate contactless donation process by ensuring that blue bins/cages are set up directly inside the donations area for stores with a separate donations entrance and that blank receipts will be available for donors on small table in donations area.
f. Follow policy for safe handling of product for processing of donations upon receipt.
g. Maintain count on donors on tracking tool.
2. Sorting & Grading
Separate donations of textiles, homewares, electronic, shoes and accessories out of bins and cages onto processing tables, conduct a quality check, and organize items into containers.
3. Sizing & Hanging
Neatly hang garments on racks according to size and garment category, and to preserve their shape
4. Tagging & Pricing
Tag items with the appropriate color of the week and price category, and place barb to avoid damage of product; price with colored stickers depending on item type.
5. Pushing and Placing
Push racks, carts and totes of product to the sales floor and place product onto fixtures.
*Activities are subject to change to meet business needs with management approval.
Qualifications: Describe the minimum educational and experience requirements/preferences.
The following qualifications are required:
· 1 year of Retail or Customer Service Experience preferred.
· Previous Stock experience required.
· High School Diploma, equivalent or combination of education/experience required.
Skills Required: Describe the minimum skills required or preferred
•Proven ability to drive and exceed individual and store results.
• Proven ability to build lasting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Ability to adapt to and engage with different customers.
• Strong communication skills with customers, sales leadership team and colleagues.
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
• Accuracy and attention to detail required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which includes, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment.
In addition to the functions described above, this role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon Goodwill NYNJ needs or requirements.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Material and equipment used: Computers, faxes, copiers, phones.
· Travel requirements: minimal
· Hazardous exposure category: Place an “X” in the appropriate category for the role:
I. ____X_____ involves an inherent potential for contact with blood, body fluids or tissues. Appropriate
protective measures are required for every employee engaged in Category I
II. __________ Involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but potential exposure in usual
work. Employees performing Category II tasks don’t need to wear protective equipment, but they should be prepared to put on protective equipment on short
III. __________ involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, although situations can be
hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure
to body fluids.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS LIFTING REQUIREMENTS- Place an “X” in the appropriate level for
1. _____Sedentary work-Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible
amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the
time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Roles are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other
sedentary criteria are met.
2. _____Light work-Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or to 10 pounds of
force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary
3. _ __Medium work-Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds
of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those
for light work.
4. __ X __Heavy work-Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25-50 pounds of
force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of
those for medium work. _____Very heavy work-Exerting
in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of
force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move
objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for heavy work.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.